Basic Team Information
Austin Water Polo exists to promote water polo and is open to anyone that has an
interest in playing the sport. If you are interested in joining our team
-- or even just trying water polo without joining-- we strongly urge you to come
to a practice. Below are some common questions that people have about the
- What is the competition level?
- It ranges from expert to novice. We have placed highly in the US Open and taught folks who have never played. We encourage everyone to come out and play.
- I used to play many years ago but am now out of shape. Would it be
worth while to come out?
- That is totally fine. We all try to stay in shape, but we do the best with the time we have.
- I have also just started swimming again and was wondering what sort of
laps/times/etc. I should be shooting for to be competitive in water polo.
- To be competitive with the better players on the team you should
generally be able to swim at least 500 yards under 7 minutes and a 100
yards under a minute to be in the realm of competitive. But again,
we encourage everyone to come and play, you don't have to be at the
highest level to be on the team. Especially if you are a goalie.
- I can make it to practice, but will not be able to go to tournaments, is
- We all have different priorities, obligations, and interests. Some of our members have the time and interest to play in many tourneys. Others have obligations that make that difficult. We are not going to make you feel unwelcome if you can't make those events. We can grow the sport in many ways.
- How much does it cost to play?
- The price vary according to the venue and age group.
We understand that everyone's financial situation is different and we can
discuss what it would take to help you participate.
- I still have more questions.
- Are you interested in staring a water polo group?
- Fantastic! We are here to help! Please contact us and let us know what you are thinking about.
- Organizing and Other Legal Documents
- Austin Water Polo club is an organized Texas non-profit corporation. We will happily provide our organizing, legal, and tax documents for legitimate requesters within 21 days. Please send your requests to the email address at the bottom of the page .